Question about FTP
« on: May 02, 2011, 11:10:49 PM »
I went to my website host and found out that if I use FTP, I lose all the online website building tools they offer and I will have to do everything by FTP. I liked the way the free online version of your program worked and then I could submit the site map to google myself. Is there any way to do that.
Re: Question about FTP
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 07:59:38 PM »
Hello,

currently the unlimited version of sitemap generator can be self-hosted only. Instead of uploading via ftp you can upload generator files via your hosting control panel, in most cases there is a "File manager" section for that.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 02:17:59 AM »
I know that I am just not understanding this, but I have no problem with using the file manager on my hosting control panel to upload  and save a site map file, however I don't know how or where to get the file to upload, if possible. If I use the online version, I meet a 500 file maximum, and since I cant use the ftp on my host with the unlimited version how would I do this. I am not complaining, I just don't know how I would accomplish this, is there an interface I'm missing to create the file to upload? I would have no problem doing it as I would before I hit the 500 page limit, and then I would upload the file to my site, and use google webmaster tools to log in the sitemap file name. I thought after using the online version that it could be done that way. I just don't know how to get to an interface for your program to index my pages and allow me to upload a site map file. Maybe I'm confused and it can't be done.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 10:59:54 AM »
Hello,

can you please PM me login details to access your website file manager to check that?