page exclusions and/or mod rewrite assistance
« on: May 07, 2011, 12:46:48 AM »
Hi folks! Been busy working on getting a Gallery2 starightened out. It is embedded in a Joomla 1.5 install.

What I'm trying so hard to do is get the apache rewrite to work but can't seem to do it. If it worked I believe it would take out the 'main.php' out of my image url's then I owuld be able to index them properly and add to sitemap.

Currently it adds this main.php into the image url only. I don't think this is ideal because... would it not then, in an image search send user to page with 'main.php' ? That would be to my standalone gallery. I just need to get that apache to rewrite the image url's and drop that stand alone portion of url. I ma very close but can't seem to do it, when I do it my bridged site disappears to a blank page.

Alternatively, and more appropriate for this forum. I need to learn how to skip all images in my site map that contain that 'main.php'. I don't quite get exactly how to do that. Maybe I don't need to worry about it if I have something like this in robots.txt "Disallow /gallery/main.php". I dunno I just don't really want those pages indexed, I would rather my main site get the index and it would look more like gallery/sign-gallery.

The problem with robots.txt solution is that yea it will stop from indexing images that I don't want in, but what about the images and getting the url's right for the ones I do want indexed properly.

Thanks for any help!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 12:51:12 AM by mjind »