Goolge Error For Sitemap In Webmaster Tools?
« on: June 04, 2011, 02:27:03 AM »
I have created and uploaded my sitemap to webmaster tools for several different websites but Google keeps showing error codes as below:

X General HTTP error: 404 not found
We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. Please ensure your Sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit.    

X Unsupported file format
Your Sitemap does not appear to be in a supported format. Please ensure it meets our Sitemap guidelines and resubmit.    
Problem detected on: May 28, 2011

Please advise of a solution..

Bill
Re: Goolge Error For Sitemap In Webmaster Tools?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 02:21:44 PM »
Bill, I too had a problem but Oleg worked it out. He will check this post and probably get back with u.  I had errors too but whatever he did the other day fixed the problem and google finally took my sitemap with no errors. I have used his site to generate for 2 years and when I have had a problem he took care of it within 48 hrs. Keep ur chin up on it. he's pretty good
David
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 02:53:27 PM »
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 01:23:26 PM »
Hello,

I'm getting "Page not found" on that link, make sure that you uploaded sitemap.xml to your site correctly.
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 02:47:51 PM »
I don't understand how it can't be found...I just generated a new sitemap and ror file and it still can't be found.  It's on my server.  Does it matter that this is a Wordpress website? Does it have to be uploaded in a different folder than the root?
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 06:07:45 PM »
It should be in your main http docs folder, where wordpress's index.php is located.
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 08:56:03 PM »
That is where it was located.  I have now removed it and used a Wordpress Plugin for a Google Sitemap since your program was not working properly.