sitemap URL ???????
« on: October 24, 2006, 05:08:54 PM »
hello everybody,

as you'll see i'm not a webmaster just a normal person ;) ;D
i try to add a site map generated with sitemap genrator to my blog ([ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]) and google said to me : (in french ! sorry i am a french girl)

"Nous avons rencontré une erreur en essayant d'accéder à votre plan Sitemap. Assurez-vous que votre plan Sitemap est conforme à nos consignes et qu'il est accessible à l'emplacement que vous avez spécifié. Ensuite, essayez de nouveau."

i used [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] as the URL and put the code at the begining of the blog code.

what did i do wrong ?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 05:15:43 PM by mimie »
Re: sitemap URL ???????
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 03:54:19 PM »
I saw people are looking at my topic but nobody answer !!!!!:(
I should have ask a bad question but i need help!!!

i translate the error message from google : "we have encounter an error trying to reach your sitemap. You have to check that it is in accordance with our instructions and that it is reachable and try again"

May be with this accuracy someone could help me the little novice girl !  ???

this is the code (the beginning) of my blog, you can see where i put the site map :

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]">
<html xmlns="[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]" xml:lang="en" lang="en">

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<urlset
  xmlns="[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]"
  xmlns:xsi="[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]"
  xsi:schemaLocation="[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
   [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]">

<url>
  <loc>[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]</loc>
  <priority>0.5</priority>
  <lastmod>2006-10-24T15:44:26+00:00</lastmod>
  <changefreq>daily</changefreq>
</url>
</urlset>

<head>
..................etc

thanks to anyone who will have pity on me !

:)
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 01:39:33 AM »
Hello,

you should upload sitemap.xml file to your domain instead of inserting sitemap code into your html page source.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 08:33:17 AM »
Thank you very much for your answer :) i felt so alone ! ;)

Unfortunately i don't know how to do that because it's a blog and i know how to upload the file. The only thing i could access on is the html code !!!!! ???

somebody has an idea ?????
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 11:59:26 AM »
XML sitemaps is great tool if your have a website.

For blogs, try following the instructions in this link
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Hope that helps
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 02:11:23 PM »
a have only one word to say : THANKSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-*

my problem is solved and above all i learned something :)

thank you very much for the link

:-* :-* :-* :-* ;)

pitorian

Help needed with my SITEMAP Unlimited
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 08:59:23 PM »
Hi Tried PM the ADMIN no access, not sure were to go, and for some reson I can only post to this forum and thread, sorry if its in the wrong place, I have installed the generator, and get a ton of errors.

<h4>Completed</h4>Total pages indexed: 201<br>Calculating changelog...<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  fopen(/home/talkin/public_html/sitemap/data/urllist.txt) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/home/talkin/public_html/sitemap/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code</b> on line <b>90</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  fopen(/home/talkin/public_html/ror.xml) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/home/talkin/public_html/sitemap/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code</b> on line <b>93</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in <b>/home/talkin/public_html/sitemap/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code</b> on line <b>104</b><br />

Also when you look at the html sitemap, here and scroll down its not bringing back the proper header tags,  does it for some, at the top but further down, its just all the same repeating, [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Then the XML sitemap gets this error, also google can't read it there reporting an error to,

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/talkin/public_html/sitemap.xml on line 1

Can some one assist.

Chris
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 09:49:02 PM by pitorian »
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 03:49:54 PM »
Hello Chris,

please make sure that you have set 0777 permissions for data/ folder and 0666 for all files inside data/ folder.