Sub Domain
« on: May 29, 2011, 08:26:21 AM »
I have a [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] should i put a generator in the sub domain as well?

I have a VB forum in the main domain

Re: Sub Domain
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 09:05:53 AM »
Hello,

yes, a separate sitemap should be created for a subdomain.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 12:02:36 PM »
So i should copy the generator folder to the subdomain? So they have one each?
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 02:35:11 PM »
I have generated a site map ok for my new wordpress web site at [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] but I have a sub-domain that uses a wrapper of the main site to delivers clients search results (from a 3rd party IDX provider) in the content area of all sub-domain page at [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
When I try to create a site map for the subdomain, it returns and error message.
How do I create a site map for this subdomain?
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 08:31:49 PM »
You search subdomain redirects me to the main domain, that's why it cannot be crawled.
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 08:52:15 PM »
I checked with my hosting company and they say it isn't redirected anywhere, according to them.
When I Google search for search.napleslocations.com, it shows me the correct subdomain landing page and if clicked on, it takes me stright to [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

However, if I type [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] in the address bar, it does redirect to the main domain of Napleslocations.com as you say ???.
Does that mean the hosting company is incorrect or could there something else causing this the problem do you think.
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 10:34:42 PM »
Yes, it redirects me as well. That said, the inner pages are *not* redirected, but the homepage URL *is*.