Future support of JW Player for video sitemap?
« on: June 09, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »
Hi,

I purchased a little bit naive the video sitemap addon and I read before https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/video-sitemap.html that it works with YouTube, Google Video, Vimeo, Dailymotion, MTV.

But I was not aware of the fact that it seems to work only with their original scripts and not, e. g. with JW Player embedding of video files or playlist.xmls.

As JW Player is very successful in the world, you may consider for a future version of Unlimited
Sitemap Generator to recognize video files and playlists integrated in JW Player JavaScript on pages.

What do you think?

Best,
Wolfgang
Re: Future support of JW Player for video sitemap?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 06:12:50 PM »
Hello,

the mentioned sites provide API to retrieve details about the video, including title/description, image thumbnail, play duration etc - those are details required in video sitemap. So, it's not only needed to detect embedded video, but also there must be a way to find out all this information.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 06:18:59 PM »
Hi Oleg,

This information is mentioned in JW Player playlists.xml. So XML Sitemaps Unlimited Sitemap Generator could detect JW Player playlists in pages, read them and add those clips to video sitemap.

Would be awesome to get this feature some day. Would pay much more than US-$ 5 for it. :)

Best,
Wolfgang
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 08:42:03 PM »
That sounds like a good addition for the next version of sitemap generator. Can you please point me to an example xml playlist and link to a page that uses it?
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 09:27:26 PM »
Right. Of course!  :)

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

In source of page at top you find:

function CreatePlayer()
and:

so.addVariable('playlistfile', '[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

This is one of the standard methods for JW Player for playlist files.

Maybe official documentation is helpful:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 09:45:09 PM by nlmail »
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 08:00:34 AM »
My pleasure!