urllist.txt changing default path
« on: June 29, 2011, 06:54:25 PM »
Hi

Where do I go to change the default path to the text list of urls ?

I would prefer that that text list is generated and resides in the root.

Thanks in advance

Nicky
Re: urllist.txt changing default path
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 07:59:41 PM »
Hello,

you can define this in generator/data/generator.conf file:
<option name="xs_sm_text_filename">/path/to/file</option>
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 09:36:18 PM »
Hi

Thanks, but that's not working. Please would you double-check your help syntax and give me a true example path. I have tried (13 times) with common variations of your mark-up but I must have something wrong. The url text list path (after countless trials) still points to within the generator folder. Many thanks in advance and this is not urgent but rather, as-and-when you have a moment. No worries.

Nicky
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 12:29:40 PM »
Hello,

the setting mentioned above changes the folder where urllist file is saved. It looks like:

If you want to also change the *link* to it from generator interface page, you need another setting as well:
<option name="xs_sm_text_url">http://www.domain.com/urllist.txt</option>
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 02:55:16 PM »
Hi

Still can't generate urllist.txt in the root!

I added/changed the *link* URL and that's pointing correctly from the generator interface page to where the urllist.txt should live but it's not finding the generated urllist.txt  (404)

Can you check these two lines please?

<option name="xs_maketxt">1</option>
<option name="xs_sm_text_urllist.txt">/home/jsmith/public_html/urllist.txt</option>

(I know the server file path of /home/jsmith/public_html/ is ok because it works for the html and ror sitemap generation)

I have created an empty urllist.txt in the root and permissions are set to 666

Regards
Nicky

ps the urllist.txt file is being generated successfully but remains firmly seated within the data folder!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 09:45:45 AM »
If you move it to the domain root, then you should manually create empty file named urllist.txt in root website folder and set 0666 permissions to it (same as with sitemap.xml, since generator script won't have permissions to write to that folder by default), then regenerate sitemap.
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 04:04:22 PM »
Hi Oleg

then you should manually create empty file named urllist.txt in root website folder and set 0666 permissions

I have already tried this...

I have created an empty urllist.txt in the root and permissions are set to 666

It makes no difference.  Any further ideas?  Is this a .htaccess conflict perhaps?

Regards, Nicky