BUG V1.02: Crawling >> Own Domain
« on: July 06, 2005, 11:23:38 AM »
Hi
tried to crawl the same domain where the script is installed, starts the crawl then goes back to the config page and outputs the following error
raramuridesign

Code: [Select]
An error occured
There was an error while the URL specified: http://www.xxx.com
Error message: Error opening socket to www.xxx.com
HTTP headers follow:

HTTP output:
Re: BUG V1.02: Crawling >> Own Domain
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 12:04:10 PM »
Hi
it seems like I can crawl my domain from another server with no problems, I am thinking that the php version and the settings you are using for your dev is important, please advise these as I think this help
thanks in advance
raramuridesign
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »
Hi,

that's weird  ??? - since it crawls other domains succesffully, this is unlikely related to php settings (we tested the script in various environments and default settings should always work fine). Looking at the debug output, the script can't even connect to a host, perhaps this is a hosting configuration issue. I'm not sure why this restriction might be applied, but if you had a chance to ask the hosting support, that would be great. Please let us know!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 03:44:07 PM »
I'm getting the same error as stated above... Funny thing is, the online version of your script works perfectly... No clue on why mine won't work, do i need some weird php setting enabled?

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 09:15:16 PM »
Hi,

could you please try to contact your hosting support with the question if there are some restrictions in connecting to the host the script is running on?
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 07:54:56 AM »
Hi
tried to crawl the same domain where the script is installed, starts the crawl then goes back to the config page and outputs the following error
raramuridesign

Code: [Select]
An error occured
There was an error while the URL specified: http://www.xxx.com
Error message: Error opening socket to www.xxx.com
HTTP headers follow:

HTTP output:
I'm getting the same error as stated above...
My server is Windows server 2003 and support PHP.
Nwo the Generator is not working.
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 08:04:19 AM »
and sometimes get this info below:
Service Unavailable
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 10:08:50 AM »
Hello,

this is related to a firewall installed at your server, you should make sure it is configured to allow local network connections via port 80 (http) for php scripts.
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 12:18:59 AM »
On the configuration settings I removed the trailing \ from the website URL (that was pre-populated). This fixed this problem for me.
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 03:10:45 PM »
I have the same error.
Is this issue resolved?? or have workaround??