'Internal Server Error' message showing
« on: August 10, 2011, 03:45:27 AM »
Hi,

I have been using the sitemap generator for more than 6 months without one single problem, but suddenly the following error message shows up:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@mysite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at mysite.com Port 80

Looking at the error log as suggested, the sitemap generator is trying to get to some files that already have been deleted or files that had a name change.

Weird thing is that the first time I ran the generator AFTER changing the file name (for example, an image file), it worked fine. But suddenly it doesn't work anymore. Some of the files
generate a "file does not exist" error log only because yes, it does not exist and it has never existed. But there was no such problem before.

I can find only url blocking under configuration, not for specific files. Besides, I don't know how I would block files that don't even exist anymore.

Someone please help!!
Re: 'Internal Server Error' message showing
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 08:53:24 PM »
Hello,

checking of non-existing files wouldn't cause this issue. It usually happens because of timeout that can be solved by increasing max_execution_time setting in PHP config and fastcgi timeout if any defined.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 02:38:19 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I just checked the settings and ran it again, but it still shows the same error message.
(And I never changed the settings anyways)

Is there any other common reason for this error?

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 09:57:44 AM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.