Cannot change permissions
« on: August 03, 2011, 02:59:06 PM »
We use 3dcart as our webstore host. We can log into our database using filezilla. When I do that and try to change the permissions on the data folder, I get this error:  500 'SITE CHMOD 777 data': command not understood

I've contacted 3dcart and they say this is a windows server so we cannot change permissions this way. Can you help us get these permissions changed so we can use this sitemap generator?
Re: Cannot change permissions
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 07:18:06 PM »
Hello,

Since your site is hosted on windows platform, in order to complete installation you should also set file permissions accordingly (allow write access to sitemap.xml, ror.xml files and data/ folder). On windows servers this is done in hosting control panel or via remote desktop access (instead of FTP).
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »
Where in the hosting control panel would something like this be done?  I dont believe 3dcart will allow remote destop access to their servers.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 09:57:39 PM »
That depends on specific control panel system, normally there is a "file manager" or "permissions manager" section.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 10:00:23 PM »
3dcart does not have either of these. Any suggestions?
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 09:30:33 AM »
You can try to run generator without setting permissions - in some case default configuration allows write acecss for scripts.
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 09:56:10 PM »
It doesn't work, this is the error we get:  Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 02:13:09 PM »
Like this?  [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

If so, it does not work:
The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
    If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
    Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
    Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 11:41:13 AM »
It looks like your host doesn't support PHP language though (which is required). Could you please check that with your hosting support?
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 01:37:33 PM »
You are correct, 3dcart does not support PHP language.