Issue Regarding Saving Text SiteMap in the Root Folder
« on: November 07, 2006, 07:16:19 AM »
Hi,

In the Configuration, I have:

1. Starting URL              --  is the Root Folder [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
2. Save SiteMap to         --  is the Root Folder (/home/windo7/public_html/useful-web-hosting-info/sitemap.xml)
3. Your SiteMap URL      --  is the Root Folder ([ External links are visible to forum administrators only ])
4. Create Text SiteMap --  Yes
5. Create ROR SiteMap  --  Yes
6. Create HTML SiteMap -- Yes
7. HTML SiteMap filename-- (/home/windo7/public_html/useful-web-hosting-info/sitemap.html)

8.Current path to Sitemap generator is: /home/windo7/public_html/useful-web-hosting-info/sitemap-generator/

Now, my issue is that the xml, html and ror sitemaps are getting saved in root folder but the text sitemap is getting saved in the /data folder of /sitemap-generator/

How can I save the text sitemap in the root folder? There is no option, in the configuration, to specify the default folder for text sitemap.

Please advise.

Thanks
Regards
Raj

Cheers
Raj
Re: Issue Regarding Saving Text SiteMap in the Root Folder
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 10:24:58 PM »
Hello,

you can manually define Yahoo sitemap location in config.inc.php file:
Code: [Select]
    'xs_sm_text_filename' => '/home/windo7/public_html/useful-web-hosting-info/urllist.txt',
    'xs_sm_text_url' => 'http://www.useful-web-hosting-info.com/urllist.txt',
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 01:33:15 AM »
Hi Oleg,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Your Unlimited PHP SiteMap Generator is excellent.

A couple of small suggestions.

1. It would be nice if this can be added as part of the configuration settings.

2. Second is in the formatting of the html sitemap. I have already given the same look and feel as my site for the html sitemap page.
- But, it will be better if the sitemap itself can be organized in a tree structure for a better understanding of the navigation of the site.
- Also, one more html sitemap file should get created which should organize the sitemap in alphabetical order.
- An option should be given for the html sitemap to reference either the description or the filename.
- It will be nice if you could give multiple templates for the html sitemap and allow us to finetune the template as well as allow us to choose the template which should be used for creating the html sitemap.

Thanks
Regards
Raj

Cheers
Raj
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 06:38:19 AM »
Thank you for suggestion!

Please note that html sitemap already tree-organized like:
/
/directory1/
/directory1/subdir/
/directory2/
etc.

- It will be nice if you could give multiple templates for the html sitemap and allow us to finetune the template as well as allow us to choose the template which should be used for creating the html sitemap.
HTML sitemap can be fully customized in pages/sitemap_tpl.html file.