Free Sitemap Updater
« on: June 24, 2011, 04:07:16 PM »
Hi there 2 questions really

1). If I create a sitemap through this software, will it update the site automatically, this is what I want?

2). Can I also confirm that once I have created the sitemap do I then need to physically put it onto my website? Then take it and submit it to Google?
Re: Free Sitemap Updater
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 03:24:46 PM »
Hello,

1. you can setup a scheduled task in your hosting control panel to run sitemap generator script at specific time intervals (like once a day)

2. if you are going to use standalone generator script ( https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/standalone-google-sitemap-generator.html ), then sitemap files are created on your server and there is no need to move them. Just submit sitemap.xml to Google once it's created.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 11:14:34 PM »
Hi, for an e-commerce site were new products/links added daily/weekly, would option 1 be best?

Am I right in thinking option 2 is for sites were the URLS are going to stay the same for the majority of the time?
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 11:23:38 AM »
Hello,

actually those were answers for 2 different questions and they are not mutually exclusive options :)
In both cases "standalone generator script" is used, and it allows to setup a scheduled task to regenerate sitemap automatically.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 05:58:57 AM »
Dear Sir

How to create  sitemap generator scrip ? the script = ?

Brian Wu