Can I run the sitemap generator on a virtual subdomain?
« on: October 27, 2011, 04:36:21 PM »
Hi,

We have your generator installed on our main site ([ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]).

We also have a subdomain for all of our member profiles ([ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]) which I understand needs it's own  separate Google sitemap...

I'd like to set up a subdomain sitemap to index these pages but the subdomain is virtual so I can't install anything directly to the "members.LastMinuteMusicians.com" root. When you visit that address you are re-directed to the home page currently.

Is there any way of having the installation elsewhere but to crawl all of our "members" addresses? (excluding the root redirect). They are all linked to from various places on the main site if that helps...

Thanks in advance!
Re: Can I run the sitemap generator on a virtual subdomain?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 01:24:09 PM »
Hello,

you can install generator on main domain in a separate folder, but there must be way to reach members pages from members subdomain, so that the starting URL can be located on the subdomain too.
Re: Can I run the sitemap generator on a virtual subdomain?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 11:54:23 AM »
Many thanks for your reply - I have installed the sitemap in the main root but created a "sub domain home page" that links to all my members which seems to have worked!

Thanks for your fast help with this!