dale3

Problem with PHPBB with rewrite mod
« on: November 25, 2011, 02:59:53 AM »
On our phpbb forums, I have a modification installed that rewrites the urls of the topics.

Instead of the standard url ( i.e [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] )
Our forum now rewrites urls ( i.e [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] )

The mod can be found here: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

We have the newest version of Unlimited PHP Sitemap Generator.

On the sitemap file, the generator is "printing out" the rewritten url, but it's also printing out the old version of the urls.

So for example, one topic in our forum is being printed out as [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ], but also as [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]. So there are two entries on the site map file for every topic in our forums.

Unfortunately, some of the topics with standard urls are being indexed and showing up in search engines, which I don't want to do.

This is strange, because our Wordpress blog uses url rewriting and we don't have this "Double entry" issue with the blog.

Is there a way to these prevent standard urls from showing up in the sitemap?

Re: Problem with PHPBB with rewrite mod
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 04:42:23 PM »
Hello,

you can add this in "Exclude URLs" to avoid the issue:
Code: [Select]
forum/topicor in robots.txt:
Code: [Select]
User-agent:*
Disallow: /forum/topic*.html

dale3

Re: Problem with PHPBB with rewrite mod
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 06:11:40 PM »
Thank you,

I guess I didn't understand how the "Exude URLs" could be used in this way. I was assuming there had to be an extension or something on the end of the string.