How do sitemap files are automatically updated?
« on: December 21, 2011, 09:27:52 AM »
HI,

I have a blog which is updated 4-5 times a day. I have added the sitemap in xml. How does the sitemap file updated automatically? Is there any option while creating the sitemap?

I don’t want all the URLs (which are mentioned as disallowed in robots.txt) to be mentioned in my sitemap file. Can it be automatically done or do I need to remove those URLs manually?

Plz Help me.............

Thanks
Aakash
Re: How do sitemap files are automatically updated?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 10:33:20 AM »
Hello,

if you are using sitemap generator script you can specify which URLs to exclude form sitemap and setup a scheduled task to automatically regenerate sitemap: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/standalone-google-sitemap-generator.html
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 07:48:59 AM »
Hello,

Also some more urls like [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ], [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]... though i want [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] to be mentioned in sitemap but i don't want limit1, limit2 directories to be mentioned in sitemap. Do i need to put them separately in exclude urls or is there a way to exclude all limit urls with a single command?

Plz Reply Me.....

Thanks
Aakash
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 01:20:54 PM »
Hello,

my sitemap is generating this kind of urls: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ], [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] What shall i mention in the exclude urls so that sitemap should not generate such urls?

Plz Help Me...

Thanks
Aakash