Large Site on Shared Server - and see NO Results
« on: November 22, 2006, 10:53:51 PM »
I have tried various configuration settings, but the script seems to run for a while - then stop - and produces NOTHING as a result. As it is, I have no sitemap and have had to pay for increased bandwidth because of the pages the script reads. I don't mind paying for the bandwidth *IF* there was something to show for it.

This is getting REALLY frustrating!

Re: Large Site on Shared Server - and see NO Results
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 02:00:07 AM »
Hello,

in case if sitemap generator stops, you should increase max_execution_time and memory_limit settings in your php configuration (php.ini file at your server).
Also, you should use "Save state" option to store progress info so that it would be possible to resume generation without restarting it from the scratch (I suggest setting it to 180 seconds).
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 02:47:57 AM »
Hello,

in case if sitemap generator stops, you should increase max_execution_time and memory_limit settings in your php configuration (php.ini file at your server).
Also, you should use "Save state" option to store progress info so that it would be possible to resume generation without restarting it from the scratch (I suggest setting it to 180 seconds).

Yep - done ALL of those things. No improvement.

As I said - this is EXTREMELY frustrating!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 03:18:33 AM »
Please let me know your generator URL/login and mentioned php settings in private message.