Re: Installation in easier words
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2006, 10:00:13 PM »
I have it installed and am generating anything due to a broken link.. it says "The requested URL //http://www.aboutgbs.com/ was not found on this server."

How do I get rid of the two forward slashes???

Thanks.
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2006, 10:05:35 PM »
I am also getting these errors.  Thanks for your help.

Warning:  ksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/aboutgbs/public_html/generator/pages/page-analyze.inc.php on line 66

Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/aboutgbs/public_html/generator/pages/page-analyze.inc.php on line 68

lee

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2006, 07:45:33 PM »
Hi,

I uploaded the generator files to my root directory in a folder called generator.  I was sure to upload all the files (including the ones in the pages folder).

I created a blank xml file called sitemap in my root directory.

I'm not sure what the permissions should be set to - but they are set to 755 for the generator/data/pages folder and 644 for all other files.

When I go to [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] all i get is a blank page.

Any suggestions?

thanks for your help.
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2006, 09:19:13 PM »
The file permissions should be as follows:

generator/config.inc.php - 0666
generator/data/ (folder) - 0777
sitemap.xml - 0666 (in your root folder)
Philip Nicosia

lee

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2006, 01:12:26 AM »
I've done that (my permissions are 3 digits - without the zero in front).

But I'm still getting the blank page.

Any suggestions?

thanks again.

lee

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2006, 02:34:53 PM »
When I submit my sitemap to google, I get an error10 message:

Paths don't match (Line 7) with URL [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] 

We've detected that you submitted your Sitemap using a URL path that includes the www prefix (for instance, [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]). However, the URLs listed inside your Sitemap don't use the www prefix (for instance, [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]).   

How can I fix this?

thanks
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2006, 11:56:07 PM »
Hello,

you should either:
- submit sitemap file as http://example.com/sitemap.xml (without "www.")
- OR set your initial URL to http://www.example.com/ in sitemap generator configuration and re-generate sitemap (suggested way if www.example.com is your main domain).
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2006, 03:12:35 AM »
Hi,

please make sure you extracted the *whole* archive, including "pages/" subfolder with all required files.
Also, "data" is NOT a file, but the folder and it is included in archive as well.
Please check that you have "extract with subfolders" option enabled in your archiver software.
I do not have a folder called data in my download?
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2006, 12:00:05 AM »
This is an empty folder included in the package. If you don't see one, you can create it manually.
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2006, 09:50:06 PM »
Hi,

I have installed the software and gone through the configuration, setting the permissions as requested.  The two files are sitemap.xml and sitemap.xml.gz are in place.  When I hit the run button on the crawl page, it pops up with "please wait. Sitemap generation in progress...

After a while I get
Links depth:7
Blah
blah
blah...

Completed

Total pages indexed 229
Calculating changelog...

and thats it.  Nothing after that.  it doesn't appear to do anything after that

PLease help

Cancel that request....I just reinstalled the software and this time it works just fine...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 11:16:41 AM by spike »
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2006, 10:08:07 PM »
Cancel that request....I just reinstalled the software and this time it works just fine...
Great! :)
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2006, 09:22:03 AM »
Hi,

I have installed the software and gone through the configuration, setting the permissions as requested.  The two files are sitemap.xml and sitemap.xml.gz are in place.  When I hit the run button on the crawl page, it pops up with "please wait. Sitemap generation in progress...

After a while I get
Links depth:7
Blah
blah
blah...

Completed

Total pages indexed 229
Calculating changelog...

and thats it.  Nothing after that.  it doesn't appear to do anything after that

PLease help

Well when I say fine, it fails to work when I try to compress the site map to create a .gz file.  That is when the program hangs and gives the above message.

Please advise
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2006, 01:46:03 AM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator instance URL/login in Private Message.