Re: Installation in easier words
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2006, 09:12:59 AM »
How do I send you a Private Message?
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2006, 12:56:36 AM »
I just purchased your product and the installation is pretty straight forward.
1. Downloaded it and unzip it using winrar not winzip, only for preference sake. Use CuteFTP program, changed permissions to 644 and 755, cause thats what my server works best with, the created a file called sitemap.xml, set permission.

2. Typed my url in the browsers address bar [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ], then it took me to the install windows. Filled in the menus then selected the crawling tab and selected run.

Thanks for the clear instructions, looking forward to a smooth installation   ;D
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2006, 03:42:55 PM »
I just purchased the Unlimited Version and I want to install within a Microsoft IIS environment? We are not running Apache at this time and currently PHP configuration is not in place. What do we need to do in order for this to work? Can this version be set up on a staging server and pointed to crawl the live site? Also, can the scripts be set to place the sitemap.xml files on all 3 of our live webservers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason
Hi All!

These few steps described may help you in installation :)

1. You can create a folder "generator/" under your root public_html folder and extract archive contents there.
2. After unpacking you will enter this folder and set permissions for "generator/config.inc.php" file and "generator/data/" accordingly.
3. Then create an empty "sitemap.xml" file in the root public_html folder and set permissions to it as well.
4. After that you will open the script in browser by going to [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
5. There is the documentation page with other details in the archive.

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2006, 02:20:56 AM »
Hello,

you can run Sitemap Generator on IIS server, but PHP language should be supported to run it.
You can find details on system requirements here:
https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/documentation-xml-sitemap-generator.html

Can this version be set up on a staging server and pointed to crawl the live site?
Yes, but you will have to manually upload sitemap files to your live server in this case.
Also, can the scripts be set to place the sitemap.xml files on all 3 of our live webservers?
You should either install separate sitemap generator instances on every server or use one instance and manually upload sitemap files after that.
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2006, 04:26:30 PM »
Hi,

i install the script on two different sites, according to install instructions.
in both cases there is strange behavior, after pushing "run"-button, the same page is reloaded with configuration page as frame, and nothing more hapend...
any idea, whats going on?
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2006, 11:35:55 PM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message so that I can check that.
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2006, 11:46:36 AM »
last one was a bit sad!!  :'(

I'm having trouble getting the index.php to read as html. When I open mysite.com/generator/ in IE, it opens the dialogue box asking if I want to open or save the file. If I click open it opens the file in Dreamweaver so I ca'nt proceed further

How do I fix this?

Do I need a.htaccess fiel and if so, what should it contain?
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2006, 01:53:05 AM »
Hello,

possibly your host doesn't support php scripting language, please check that with your hosting support service.
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2006, 09:27:31 AM »
Thanks Oleg, but I'm successfully running lots of php scripts on this and other sites on the same ISP server
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2006, 10:29:23 AM »
BTW

When I upload the folder and try to change the permissions it always defaults to 000

when I check the permissions of the folder on my hard drive it appears as 'read only' and again refuses to be changed

Any idea why?

Mike
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2006, 02:21:51 AM »
It s very easy to install and use but slow create site map ~ may be 3H for my site [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] . One questions pls Can I use it on all my site because i have 7 site :) .
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2006, 11:21:10 PM »
Hello,

yes, according to license agreement you are allowed to use a single license on multiple websites as long as you own them: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/license.html
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2006, 03:17:52 PM »
Dear Admin,

easy to install. However, I noticed similar errors as below, but before I could capture the errors it went to the page that displays the sitemap details.

It also found one broken link and where it was from, but there is no broken link on the page it's referring to, so I'm at a loss where it's picking up this error from. There are only 5 links on that page and they all work.

Also, how can I get this to run automatically, I mean, ok, we can set the cron job, and it updates the sitemap files, but it's dispalying it in generator/data/ folder instead, but my sitemap is in my subdomains main index, if I set that folder to be written to, I'm opening myself to attacks if i leave write permissions on it.
Do I have to keep moving these sitemap.html files over to the main index all the time, if so, this is going to be a pain, since I have a lot of websites that generate content automatically.

Seeking advice on what to do.

Thanks.

I've gone over and over the instruction here and in the documentation....but this is all I end up with:

Warning: Unknown(pages/page-configinit.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/webbsgra/public_html/generator/index.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: Unknown(pages/page-configinit.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/webbsgra/public_html/generator/index.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening 'pages/page-configinit.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/webbsgra/public_html/generator/index.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: Unknown(pages/class.utils.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/webbsgra/public_html/generator/index.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 8