Re: Installation in easier words
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2006, 03:31:09 PM »
Also getting something else really weird happening here.

When I run the crawler manaully, it removes urls.

No     Date/Time     Total pages     Proc.time     Bandwidth     New URLs     Removed URLs     Broken links
1    2006-09-28 10:28    133    7.10s    1.09    133    0    1
2    2006-09-28 10:30    123    8.49s    1.02    0    10    1
Total    256    15.60s    2.11 Mb    133    10

Why's it doing that if they already exist?
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2006, 08:12:00 AM »
I would really appreciate some help here. I've looked everywhere to work out how I can get the sitemap be viewable by SE's and users without having to keep moving the sitemap information over to another folder.

Dear Admin,

easy to install. However, I noticed similar errors as below, but before I could capture the errors it went to the page that displays the sitemap details.

It also found one broken link and where it was from, but there is no broken link on the page it's referring to, so I'm at a loss where it's picking up this error from. There are only 5 links on that page and they all work.

Also, how can I get this to run automatically, I mean, ok, we can set the cron job, and it updates the sitemap files, but it's dispalying it in generator/data/ folder instead, but my sitemap is in my subdomains main index, if I set that folder to be written to, I'm opening myself to attacks if i leave write permissions on it.
Do I have to keep moving these sitemap.html files over to the main index all the time, if so, this is going to be a pain, since I have a lot of websites that generate content automatically.

Seeking advice on what to do.

Thanks.

I've gone over and over the instruction here and in the documentation....but this is all I end up with:

Warning: Unknown(pages/page-configinit.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/webbsgra/public_html/generator/index.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: Unknown(pages/page-configinit.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/webbsgra/public_html/generator/index.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening 'pages/page-configinit.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/webbsgra/public_html/generator/index.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: Unknown(pages/class.utils.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/webbsgra/public_html/generator/index.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 8

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2006, 08:24:46 AM »
Also found another problem it doesn't create a ror.xml file, your software says that it creates it in the same data folder where the sitemap.xml file is, but it doesn't.

HELP.. please. :(
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2006, 08:40:25 AM »
Now I'm getting these errors in my error log. :(

[Fri Sep 29 03:09:33 2006] [error] PHP Warning:  fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/generator/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 200
[Fri Sep 29 03:09:33 2006] [error] PHP Warning:  fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/generator/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 199
[Fri Sep 29 03:09:33 2006] [error] PHP Warning:  fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/generator/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 189

Why's it doing this? I've checked the permissions on the folders, and they are correct.
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2006, 10:06:22 PM »
Hello,

re: broken links

Please let me know your generator URL in private message.
Also, how can I get this to run automatically, I mean, ok, we can set the cron job, and it updates the sitemap files, but it's dispalying it in generator/data/ folder instead, but my sitemap is in my subdomains main index, if I set that folder to be written to, I'm opening myself to attacks if i leave write permissions on it.
It is safe because target files are xml/text and they're never executed as scripts at your server.
Do I have to keep moving these sitemap.html files over to the main index all the time, if so, this is going to be a pain, since I have a lot of websites that generate content automatically.
You can define the location of html sitemap in configuration.
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2006, 12:42:15 PM »
Hello, thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry, but I disagree, it's NOT safe to have folders persmissions set to 777, that means not just the owner, or scripts, but others that visit your site can write to that folder if they know how. I know, because I found out the hard way the other week, my entire server got hacked and my reseller account was tampered with, and some hacker was sending out over 280,000 emails to fool people into getting their bank details. My reseller account got closed down because, AOL, yahoo, MSN, google, and a few other companies sent emails to my host asking to close me down until this issue got resolved.

There has to be another permission setting that I can apply to my sub-domains folder that is only writable by the server and not by those outside. What other permission can I use? 744, 755?

--------
I know I can define the sitemap location, but I don't want visiters vising a sitemap that has writable permissions of 777, it's NOT safe enough.

Thanks.

p.s
i'll send my URL to you in PM.
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2006, 06:23:49 PM »
No problem - when the files are created in data/ folder after first generation, you can change permissions for it to 0755.
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2006, 08:37:39 PM »
hi,

i have uploaded the files in a folder "generator" in the directory public www

i have chmod : config.inc.php - 0666 (rw-rw-rw-)
data/ folder - 0777 (rwxrwxrwx)
et empty sitemap.xml  at 666
when i make [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
i have a blank page
how make ?
Synt
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2006, 03:29:13 AM »
I'm Lost!

Hello I have uploaded all the files to the folder named generator domain/public_html/generator.  Everything is suppose to be there.  Now, when I run crawl I get errors like:

Warning: Unknown(/home/domain/public_html/generator/pages/page-configinit.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/domain/public_html/generator/index.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 54

Warning: Unknown(/home/domain/public_html/generator/pages/page-configinit.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/domain/public_html/generator/index.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 54

Warning: (null)() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/ringsint/public_html/generator/pages/page-configinit.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php.;pages/;/home/ringsint/public_html/generator\pages') in /home/ringsint/public_html/generator/index.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 54

Warning: Unknown(/home/domain/public_html/generator/pages/class.utils.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/domain/public_html/generator/index.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 55

Warning: Unknown(/home/domain/public_html/generator/pages/class.utils.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/domain/public_html/generator/index.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 55

Warning: (null)() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/ringsint/public_html/generator/pages/class.utils.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php.;pages/;/home/domain/public_html/generator\pages') in /home/domain/public_html/generator/index.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 55

Warning: Unknown(/home/domain/public_html/generator/pages/class.http.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/domain/public_html/generator/index.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 56

Warning: Unknown(/home/ringsint/public_html/generator/pages/class.http.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ringsint/public_html/generator/index.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 56

Warning: (null)() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/ringsint/public_html/generator/pages/class.http.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php.;pages/;/home/ringsint/public_html/generator\pages') in /home/ringsint/public_html/generator/index.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 56

Warning: Unknown(/home/domain/public_html/generator/pages/page-crawlproc.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ringsint/public_html/generator/index.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 66

Warning: Unknown(/home/domain/public_html/generator/pages/page-crawlproc.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/domain/public_html/generator/index.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 66

Warning: (null)() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/domain/public_html/generator/pages/page-crawlproc.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php.;pages/;/home/domain/public_html/generator\pages') in /home/domain/public_html/generator/index.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 66

Also, when I launch the config.inc.php the browser shows blank.  Could you please help me out here?

Thanks!  ???
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2006, 06:49:29 AM »
Hello,

make sure that you uploaded all files, including pages/ subfolder.
Windows Server
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2006, 04:50:12 PM »
Hi

Does this work on Windows Servers?

I spent hours on end trying to get it to work on my WIN server site to no avail.

As soon as I tried it on one of my LINUX sites, it worked straight away, no problems at all.

Regards - Sean
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2006, 05:26:47 AM »
Hi my name is g.praven kumar i have purchased this xmlsitemap creator resently. i have tryed to install the soft ware in myserver but that is not working. plz give me the detaild procedure to installt the software in my server.

my server  i have placed all the given connetin public_html\generator\
folder
then i have placed the empty sitemap.xml file in public_html folder
but when i try to acess that is not working.
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

plase help me how i can solve the problum.
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2006, 07:21:30 AM »
Hello Sean,

Does this work on Windows Servers?
Yes, Sitemap Generator can work on Windows servers. Make sure that PHP is supported and you have set file permissions correctly. Full system requirements description is here:
https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/documentation-xml-sitemap-generator.html#sysreq
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2006, 07:24:24 AM »
Hello,

then i have placed the empty sitemap.xml file in public_html folder
but when i try to acess that is not working.
www.oscarworld4u.com/public_html\generator

The URL to sitemap generator in your case is:
http://www.yourdomain.com/generator/

Full installation manual is here:
https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/documentation-xml-sitemap-generator.html