you do not have permission
« on: March 02, 2012, 10:37:19 PM »
I downloaded the generator program off of the download link that came after i paid for the product. I did install it correctly but when I put my site as the pdf file tells you [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]i get this error "you do not have permission. I followed the PDF install to the T Creating the sitemap.xml file and set it to 666
the ror.xml is the same and data file is 777 now what is wrong can you tell me please.
Best Regards,
david
Re: you do not have permission
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 03:20:04 AM »
oleg, I got my site up again. I had to do a backup and restore so tomorrow sun my time I am going to ftp it back to the public_html folder and then email you on what all to do to install. Only thing I do not understand is why does it want to install the program in a folder as demo/generator>
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 04:39:45 PM »
Oleg, I sent you a new email today.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 10:23:22 PM »
tks for the help Oleg, It works just fine now. And I take it it will auto submit to google instead of me having to do it daily. thats what I want rite now.
david
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 03:03:15 PM »
You should only submit it to google once. Sitemap generator will ping search engines every time sitempa is created after that.
permission ?
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 03:57:40 PM »
Oleg, 1 more question. in the generator folder you moved for me. everything is good now. But I do have a question
In the generator folder when I set it up, I put the sitemap.xml and ror.xml inside the generator folder. now these are both set with the permission of 666

now down in my public_html folder I had placed the sitemap.xml from the past when i used to have to do the sitemap update myslelf. I had and still have it set to 775.
in the same folder I have the ror.xml also but the permission is set to 666.

my question is are both of these in the public_html folder supposed to be this way or are they both supposed to be set at 666?.
LEt me know will you please.
David

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 01:58:29 PM »
I got ur msg thru the email. tks oleg :)