sitemap stand alone add ons
« on: March 09, 2012, 04:15:37 AM »
I have the stand alone generator program installed on my server without any add ons. I today ordered the add on for the img and video. I got a new link to download. I did so. the version i am running now is Standalone Sitemap Generator (PHP) v5.0, 2011-01-25

To install the addons, do i have to reload the new generator files back to my server and set it up again or can i just modify the version i have with a few new files?

Re: sitemap stand alone add ons
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 02:38:47 PM »
Hello,

You need to upload all unzipped files into generator/ folder, overwriting existing files. Add-ons will be available after that.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 06:25:05 PM »
Oleg, I have done as you said, I reloade the generator file with add ons. I set up the new .xml pages for img and vid and i set the permission at 666.
I have the data file set at 777
I can get the generator page pulled ok, then when i try to run crawl i get a 504 timeout error. Got any ideas.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 06:56:15 PM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 09:07:59 PM »
ok, check ur pm when u get time.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 12:22:49 AM »
Oleg, I am going to send u a pm on this issue. its still not working properly. It will not crawl. Permissions are set on the sitemap.xml folders at 666, data file is set to 777  generator folder is set to 755 but it will not crawl.
david
Refund on unlimited program
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 12:56:49 PM »
I am going to refer to a pervious post I got going  https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/forum/index.php/topic,7119.html

I cannot make the unlimited sitemap generator work or crawl with the add on i bought. No when i had the unlimited sitemap program without the add ons it crawled just fine. Now since the addons I get a 504 timeout error.

so my question is how do i get my $30.00 refunded back to me? I will just uninstall the generator program and manually do a free sitemap and upload it myself.

mabe you got a good product going, I cannot tell for it has driven me nuts trying to get it to upload auto.

but per the instructions, you set the permissions between 666,777 and that is what i have and generator folder has been set at both 666 and even tried 755 on it but nothng works. I will await a response
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 06:26:02 PM »
Hello,

sitemap is being created fine on your generator instance, including images sitemap created by add-on. As mentioned in PM, you need to setup a scheduled task in hosting control panel if you want to automatically regenerate sitemap (and we can help you in setting it up).
Refund cannot be provided in this case.
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 07:12:48 PM »
well i set up a cron job for public_html/generator so lets see if it goes. It may upload it in sitemap, but it sure doen't upload it to the folder for the sitemap.xml file resides in.
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 03:39:10 AM »
I sent you a pm with the info u requsted.
tks