Cannot complete install
« on: March 12, 2012, 07:55:22 PM »
Hello,
 I have tried to install the software on my server, I followed the directions carefully, but when I try to access the /generator folder nothing happens, my site displays as it always has. What can I do to install this?
Re: Cannot complete install
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 10:04:38 PM »
I had the standalone product installed and had the same issue and tried /generator/index.php and it acted the same... viewing source showed a 500 server error....
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 11:48:56 AM »
I have had the same result as jballarino.
I have 9 sites, and succeeded in installing the sitemaps on only two of them, and even then only after multiple tries. Of course I tried the "index.php" angle a couple of times, but with no success.
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 02:39:47 PM »
So did you get a couple to load the generator/index.php page at all?  sounds like you did?  if so, wondering what the difference in those installations are?

I have had the same result as jballarino.
I have 9 sites, and succeeded in installing the sitemaps on only two of them, and even then only after multiple tries. Of course I tried the "index.php" angle a couple of times, but with no success.
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 03:01:22 PM »
Now I am even more puzzled. I have been working almost non-stop all day on this, and have 6 of the 9 sites with sitemap.xml. Trouble is that I am sure I did not start the generator on at least a couple of those.
Anyway; I have spent a lot of time trying to detect minute differences which might make trouble, but haven't seen any. All sites are on the same host server, too.
It is near midnight over here in Australia! These used to all be frontPage sites, and on one I even removed it entirely through file manager on the ControlPanel, before completelely uploading it again, and the generator still would not work. Of course I removed all frontPage related stuff. Or did I? I am off to check that too now.
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 01:19:02 AM »
Well, all sitemaps are apparently working perfectly on my 9 sites.
You know, this program I am using "expressions web 4", I cannot recommend it.
I believe the problem might have been caused by some of the ror.xml and sitemap.xml pages not really being always empty. Expressions web formats them if user is not watching.
This might or might not have been the problem, all I know is that I just kept trying till I succeeded. I thought that is the definition of insanity?