500 Internal Server Error
« on: April 20, 2012, 05:06:19 PM »
I have been using Sitemap generator for soem time with no problems, however in the last few days when I try and run it I get an error 500 Internal Server Error. I have downloaded and installed the latest version but still get the same problem. Is anyone able to help? This is the full text or the error:

"The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@gpmarsh.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Thanks,

Glyn.
Re: 500 Internal Server Error
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 09:20:49 AM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 08:41:25 PM »
Same problem and more with me. It used to work fine but now I cannot even get one sitemap generated. Forget even trying a cron job.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 10:06:35 AM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 05:03:16 PM »
I found the solution to my problem. Apparently the permissions on the generator folder were wrong. How they changed I have no idea but now the correct permissions have been reinstated and everything works fine.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 05:19:25 PM »
My permissions were and still are all correct.