Can't open sitemap generator... getting error message
« on: May 18, 2012, 07:56:02 PM »
Hi there,

I'm have just installed the unlimited XML-sitemap onto my website and I can't get it to open. Here is a link to my generator folder: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

This is the error message I get:

PHP Warning:  fopen(D:\domains\belfielddental.ie\wwwroot\generator/data/generator.conf) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\domains\belfielddental.ie\wwwroot\generator\pages\class.utils.inc.php on line 102
PHP Warning:  fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in D:\domains\belfielddental.ie\wwwroot\generator\pages\class.utils.inc.php on line 102
PHP Warning:  fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in D:\domains\belfielddental.ie\wwwroot\generator\pages\class.utils.inc.php on line 102
PHP Warning:  Unknown: open(D:\domains\belfielddental.ie\wwwroot\generator/data/\sess_1ijjrpdallr8avjepno2r73jr4, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (D:\domains\belfielddental.ie\wwwroot\generator/data/) in Unknown on line 0

Can anyone help me please? I've never come across this before. It always works!

Thanks!
Clare
Re: Can't open sitemap generator... getting error message
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 03:30:40 PM »
Hello,

Since your site is hosted on windows platform, in order to complete installation you should also set file permissions accordingly (allow write access to sitemap.xml, ror.xml files and data/ folder). On windows servers this is done in hosting control panel or via remote desktop access (instead of FTP).

Please also note that sitemap generator can be used for own personal sites only , i.e. it cannot be used to create sitemaps for 3rd party sites or provided as a service (paid or free): https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/license.html (separate licenses need to be purchased for that)

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 06:36:41 PM »
Hi there,

Thank you very much for that. I will take a look at it and make those changes.

About the licensing, I use sitemap generator for websites that I have designed and maintain myself. I don't re-sell it to anyone and if I stop maintaining a website, my copy of xml-sitemap doesn't go with it. It stays with me. I un-install it. Is this okay? I wouldn't like to be using something in a way I shouldn't. :-\ I find the legal texts a bit confusing sometimes.

Thanks!
Clare
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 04:52:12 PM »
> About the licensing, I use sitemap generator for websites that I have designed and maintain myself

It is only allowed if you own those websites, i.e. if you designed a website for someone else, it's not allowed to use the same license.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 09:53:12 PM »
Oh dear, I see! I didn't know that, sorry. :-[ I will remove them for the websites I don't own myself. Is there a multi-license you can get? Or do you have to purchase sitemap generator seperately each time?

Thanks!
Clare
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 09:55:15 PM »
I just saw the Online PRO service there. Maybe that is the way to go for me...