Only the first page of my site is found
« on: May 24, 2012, 11:16:19 PM »
I see that this gets brought up fairly often on these forums, but there it is never told how the problem gets resolved.

When I used the sitemap generator, in only finds the first page.  I tried using other generators with the same results.  I manually edited the sitemap file and google was still only able to find the first page.

My site is:

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Could it be a problem with my file structure? 
Root->
   home.html
   various files
   Folder A->
      index.html
      various files
   Folder B->
      index.html
      various files
   Folder C->
      index.html
      various files

Could it be a problem with the method I use to add links to my tabs on my site?

I can link the tabs on my site using one of two methods:

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] A/index.html

or

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] A.mysite.com

Please help... I am at a loss.
Re: Only the first page of my site is found
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 11:20:19 PM »
Hello,

the navigation links are pointing to subdomains as I see, that's why they are no included in sitemap (only the pages from the same subdomain can be included in the same sitemap)
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 11:32:24 PM »
I am learning all of this as I go... Most of it I am teaching myself via trial and error.  So bare with me.

If I eliminate the subdomains, things will work as it should, correct?

When I first set up the hosting, I had all my html files and supporting files located in the root folder.  When I did that, only the first page would display, no matter which link I clicked.  To fix this, I created the subdomains, and my problem was solved.

In order to get a sitemap to function the way it should, do I need to figure out how to get all of my links located and functioning properly from the root folder?
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 01:00:48 AM »
Disregard my last... I 99% sure I have it figured out.

When trying to use everything in the root directory, I was trying to link by using the corresponding html file name only.  When I added the complete path everything seems to be working.  I am in the process of fixing all the links.  Hopefully, when I am done, the sitemap generator works for me.

Thanks for the help!!!