Cannot change configuration
« on: June 01, 2012, 04:57:48 AM »
Hello,
Just enrolled in PRO service at the 50,000 page level. Ran my first sitemap successfully (took 22 hours). However, I cannot change any of the configuration settings. The links for the parameters do not work for me. They highlight when I mouse over them, but clicking does nothing.

I'm using IE8, and have tried compatibility mode with no success. There is a page error reporting:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; MS-RTC LM 8)
Timestamp: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 03:54:44 UTC

Line: 80
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: https://pro-sitemaps.com/helpers.js

I would like to adjust the settings to be similar to the XML Sitemap generator I had on the site previously.

Also, I cannot find much detail on the service itself. Is it necessary for me to generate the sitemap creation, or does that happen automatically on some schedule? If so, what is the schedule? And do I need to submit to search engines after each sitemap is created, or does the service automatically ping them as it did when I hosted the application myself?

Thanks!
Re: Cannot change configuration
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 12:22:36 PM »
Hello,

sorry for inconvenience, please check now.

> Is it necessary for me to generate the sitemap creation, or does that happen automatically on some schedule?

For Pro accounts sitemap is automatically recreated and you can modify intervals in site entry configuration. You only need to submit sitemap one time.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 08:37:55 PM »
Sorry, still not working.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 08:58:14 AM »
Do you still get javascript error  message? Can you please try to clear browser cache?
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 04:43:48 PM »
OK, seems to be working now.

Thank you!
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »
HI there,

Maybe spoke too soon...

I can now open the links for configuration changes, but when I change anything and try to apply the change I get this message in red:

Domain name cannot be modified (you can create a new site entry instead)

No changes are saved.

Thanks.