sitemap_video.xml is Empty
« on: January 06, 2012, 02:19:51 AM »
Dear Support,

I have executed the script as per your recommendations and directions from the site.

The execution process completed successfully.

While verifying the files, I have found that the sitemap_video.xml is Empty. When we have many .flv, and .mp4 videos, why will the  sitemap_video.xml is Empty????

Thank you,
MovieIMAX
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Re: sitemap_video.xml is Empty
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 08:31:44 AM »
Hello,

as mentioned in https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/forum/index.php/topic,6742.html :

Note that only videos from this sources can be detected by sitemap generator bot:
https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/video-sitemap.html
YouTube, Google Video, Vimeo, Dailymotion, MTV

(since they provide API that allow to get video details like play duration/thumbnail etc)
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 10:40:24 AM »
Hello

The sitemap which I set up manually with video tags is overwritten and I just realized that self hosted flv videos are not crawled.

But I do not see any sense for this because title and description tags could be added empty to fill them out manually into the sitemap before uploading to the search engines.
What about this idea? It does not help me at all, if self hosted flv files can not be crawled.
This is what takes the most time.

For a future release, it would be good to have at least the flv files crawled, with preparation for manual detail entry (duration, title, description, etc.)

Regards,
lreto68
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 12:14:21 PM by lreto68 »
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 11:29:50 AM »
Dear Support,

We did purchased special add-ons...

You have mentioned also mentioned that the default exclusions should be left intact, embedded videos/images are detected separately.

I did left intact and didn't change any...

How and what do I have to do in generating the vedio's sitemap ???? What am I missing here???

Thank you,
MovieIMAX
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 02:44:47 PM »
Local videos are not included in sitemap, only videos hosted on services that provide corresponding API can be added in a specially formatted video sitemap.
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 03:01:02 AM »
Dear Support,

I didn't understand the statement at all...i.e. "only videos hosted on services that provide corresponding API"..

Kindly elaborate the above statement. Hosted on a services like??? I don't understand this...

Appreciate your detailed response to this matter...

Thank you,
MovieIMAX

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 06:27:15 PM »
It's a pitty that locally stored videos are not yet supported. I add my vote to a feature request that local videos may be supported in a future release. Thank you!  :)