Crawler Sticking Afeter 30 Second Restart
« on: July 10, 2012, 04:37:52 PM »
Having set to monitor a crawl every 30 seconds to restart if not activity takes place.

This function does not appear to work - since the crawl does not refresh every 30 seconds and simply extends for considerable periods.

I have used the free on line tool and this same issue on the same crawl works just fine on the on line generator.

The only way to get the crawl moving again is to manually reload the browsers page and only then does it work.

Re: Crawler Sticking Afeter 30 Second Restart
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 03:55:22 PM »
Hello,

it refreshes only in case if generator has stopped (in the inner frame with progress details).
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 07:00:14 PM »
I see

Is there any sense to get the page refreshed as part of the process - since this does appear to restart the process?
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 06:17:32 AM »
It wil restart the process if you ticked "Resume session" checkbox when starting generator (this checkbox will appear if there was an incomplete session found)
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 10:54:15 AM »
Slightly confused by that.

If the session is manually interrupted the link appears that you suggest. That is understood.

The crawl process hangs for a long time - however when I manually refresh the page [F5] - the crawl starts again.

So clearly the automatic restart does not work when left to its own devices.

This issue does not occur with your FREE online generator.

Is it possible to get the entire page to automatically refresh?

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 09:45:07 AM »
Hello,

you can open the crawling page directly with URL:
yourdomain.com/generator/index.php?op=crawlproc&resume=1

And you can use "ReloadEvery" addon for firefox to have it refreshed at specified intervals: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/reloadevery/