Can't launch with PHP, cron jobs don't work
« on: July 12, 2012, 07:16:48 PM »
Odd - two problems:

(1) I can't run the crawler using standard ssh login. I tried executing the generator.php using the php command and now it won't run.

(2) A while ago the script stopped running. I upgraded to V 6.0, cleared out all the files and that doesn't run with cron either:

/usr/local/bin/php
/home/mydir/public_html/generator/runcrawl.php   

Perhaps there is something that has changed? I can't figure it out after reading through the docs and these forums.
Re: Can't launch with PHP, cron jobs don't work
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 05:54:53 PM »
php /usr/bin/php  /home/mysite/public_html/generator/runcrawl.php

(command line)

Code: [Select]
Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 786432) (tried to allocate 24990728 bytes) in Unknown on line 0
So if I run the generator to crawl via the limited area I specified, I get a 500 link site map in 4 minutes. I run it with command line and I'm getting this. Odd.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 09:47:44 AM »
Hello,

looks like php limit for command line is very small, you need to increase memory_limit setting in php configuration.
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 02:38:43 PM »
Thanks for the response but odd - I just looked and memory_limit for php is set to 512MB, which should be more than enough to run the script and create 500 pages.
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 08:31:01 AM »
Looks like you have extra "php" in command line:
instead of:
php /usr/bin/php  /home/mysite/public_html/generator/runcrawl.php

you need:
/usr/bin/php  /home/mysite/public_html/generator/runcrawl.php
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 03:15:30 PM »
I think it works now (my entry was actually different without the extra php) but I can't launch command line manually. As long as cron jobs work, that's probably most important. Thanks again for the support.