overwrite of old site map
« on: July 16, 2012, 06:41:56 PM »
hello, bit of a newbie question please.

i had a site map generated a couple of weeks ago; all worked fine then noticed my domain host (123-reg) had their internal domain showing rather than mine, have had this corrected and have resubmitted my url today, all seemed good, but the 'download your site map here' site map shows a different set of url's to that of www.mywebsite.com/sitemap.xml (i.e. the download one shows the new url, the actual live /sitemap.xml appears not to have been updated / overwritten / regenerated.

Is that right, or am I missing something ? I would have thought the new /sitemap.xml would replace the old one, nuts and bolts and everything ?

regards
Re: overwrite of old site map
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 08:28:03 AM »
Hello,

try to reupload sitemap files again. Also, try to clear cache in your browser.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 09:18:26 AM »
Thanks, tried that but neither worked, the url still returns the older sitemap details
could this be a problem with the host provider ?
thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 09:02:09 AM »
Can you check via ftp that last modification time of sitemap.xml file has been updated? What exactly is the link to your sitemap?
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 09:49:55 AM »
Hi
Thanks again, seems it was 'something' at the host company, as the issue appears to have resolved itself, shortly to be followed by me changing host I think....
Regards