Error opening socket
« on: August 10, 2012, 01:32:16 PM »
I have started getting the following error when I try to run the unlimited sitemap generator on my site.

There was an error while retrieving the URL specified: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Error message: Error opening socket to [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
HTTP headers follow:

HTTP output:

Has been working perfectly fine until this week.

Scott
Re: Error opening socket
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 09:13:13 AM »
Probably there is a configuration problem - it looks like your server doesn't allow local network connections via port 80 (http) - as a result sitemap generator is not able to crawl the site. This is usually related to firewall installed at the host - could you please contact your hosting support regarding this?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 01:55:47 PM »
I've contacted them about this. My website monitoring service also has been reporting another problem, 'Host not found'. Hopefully they can get this fixed quickly. Quick question, does the latest version of the generator include image and video sitemap creation?

Thx,
Scott
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 12:10:55 PM »
Hello,

yes, generator supports images, video, news sitemaps, and an rss feed, which are created by optional add-ons: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/generator-addons.html
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 02:17:41 PM »
I purchased all of the add-ins for version 5. Do I need to purchase them again for version 6?
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 04:35:32 PM »
My hosting company would like to know if there any required php parameter values that need to be set (IIS)?
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 12:12:33 PM »
> I purchased all of the add-ins for version 5. Do I need to purchase them again for version 6?

No, they will be included in your downloaded package.

> My hosting company would like to know if there any required php parameter values that need to be set (IIS)?

Depending on the size of website it might be needed to increase timeout setting, but you can try with default settings first.