apitsos

• Anything can be achieved!
Why there are skipped pages
« on: August 16, 2012, 09:30:26 AM »
Hi there,

I purchased and installed the "Standalone Sitemap generator" on a website of one of our clients. I see that after the crawling there are 21 skipped page under the "Changelog" tab. More specifically the crawled pages are 520 and the indexed ones are 499. Could you please let explain what could cause this number of skipped pages and why they are skipped?

Thanks a lot in advance for your support!

Kind regards,
Angelos Pitsos
Anything can be achieved!

| , , &
Re: Why there are skipped pages
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 11:14:12 AM »
Hello,

pages could be skipped for instance if they have robots nofollow meta tag or canonical meta tag that doesn't match current page URL.

apitsos

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 12:14:20 PM »
Hi there!

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. It is much appreciated. I have one more question, please. Can we force all the pages to be indexed, please? Even if something of the mentioned parameters has been applied. It is about a Joomla website and more specifically is a tourist guide. in three languages. It's hard for me to find why and where there is something like the mentioned reasons applied.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Kind regards,
Angelos Pitsos

| , , &
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 02:18:54 PM »
Hello,

it wouldn't make sense, since search engines will NOT index this pages if you have this robots meta tag (even if you have the URLs in sitemap).

apitsos

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 08:11:35 PM »
I see... So the only solution is to find these pages and see why they are not indexed and if the robot meta tag is set to "no index"...?

Is there a way to have a report of which pages didn't crawled and indexed in the sitemap?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards,
Angelos Pitsos

| , , &

apitsos

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 08:20:15 AM »
Hi there,

Thank you very much for the clarification and your support! I didn't realize that you can see a report when you click on the date/time  ;)

Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Angelos Pitsos

| , , &