Not all titles in HTML Site Map
« on: August 20, 2012, 10:41:32 AM »
Most of pages in the HTML Site Map (by address "[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]") have the referencies like "<Title_Name>". But there are some pages which have only references like "detail.php?ID=295382". In the way of title names it should be created like (Russian text) "АБРАЗИВЫ | Бизнес Страницы АБОНЕНТ ".  Could You please advise me, how is possible to fix all the pages with title names, no referencies.
Re: Not all titles in HTML Site Map
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 12:14:54 PM »
Pardon, seems some problems happend during the night. Now I check URLs are correct. Only I write "detail.php?ID=295382", but real line is "[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]"
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 12:56:58 PM »
Possibly server didn't respond when those pages were requested. You can try to increase delays between requests in generator configuration to slow down crawling and avoid overloading of the server.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 09:10:51 AM »
I did so - increase delay between requests till 2 seconds (was 1) after each 5 requests (was the same). Result: - crawling was interrupted 3 times (I start evening Russian time 27.08, restart 28.08, 29.08 and 30.08, finish today), former version of XML SiteMap most times finished during the night
- and still no name of title for reference [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] in [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
May be You can advise me smth?
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 08:58:15 PM »
Hello,

since the site just doesn't return the titles, the only way to fix this (besides trying to improve website responsiveness) would be increasing delays to decrease the load. Also, by limiting the maximum running time for generator you can force it to stop (for instance after 30 minutes) to give server some time to "recover", then you would run it with scheduled task again, resuming the process.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 08:56:50 AM »
Thanks for answer. As far as I understood You think that the problem is on our server. We don't have our own one - we rent the virtual server for it. Is it right that seems our vendor has some problems during the night? On the other hand former version of XML-sitemap ordinary finished in ine night (DB was nearly the same)...
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 04:50:55 PM »
> Is it right that seems our vendor has some problems during the night?

This is possible.
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 07:33:00 AM »
OK, we will ask them to check. Only about former version - it finished during one night nearly all times, may smth was changed in the script?