index only starting from specific folder
« on: August 21, 2012, 10:38:55 PM »
Hi,

I subscribed to the PRO Service because to index more than 500 pages in the free version. According to my calculation I need much less that 10,000 pages but the software is indexing more than 10,000 because it is crawling other languages that are not ready.

Can you please give me instructions on the best way to index just [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] and all subfolders?

Thanks
Navid
Re: index only starting from specific folder
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 09:40:03 PM »
Thanks, I am going to try this way.

My website is being crawled by sitemap generator now, how can I stop it to start with the correct starting URL?

Thanks for your help.
Navid
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 10:05:19 PM »
THANKS  :)
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 07:56:59 AM »
Hello,

you should specify [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] (with ending slash) as Starting URL.
After following your advice, I started re-index process again. Now the sitemap is smaller but still includes pages from [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] and [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

I need to index only pages in the directory (and subdirectories) starting from [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ], any suggestion?

Thanks
Navid
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 11:54:35 AM »
Do you consider the setup of the Unlimited Sitemap Generator more flexible than PRO Sitemap Generator Service?
After installing the Unlimited Sitemap Generator, will I be able to make the configuration by myslef?
The the Unlimited version needs a high level hosting or any low-cost will do? It seems to consumer many server resources, do you suggest to install it into a new subdomain with a new hosting or just in a folder of the domain to be indexed?

In my understanding the PRO version has enough options for my needs, when the correct setup is successful. But the Ulmited version is more convenient and more flexible with many features. Considering that we are on-line merchants, it makes sense to get the full features version...

Thanks
Navid
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 06:49:53 PM »
It seems like those /en/ pages were included before the generator has been stopped. It should be fine with next sitemap session (I've just started it).