"Creating sitemaps..." process stops at 80+% completion
« on: September 02, 2012, 02:25:32 PM »
Hi,

I'm really puzzle by this. I've been creating sitemaps with the Standalone Sitemap Generator for quite some time now without any problems. Now, however, it crawls the site, indexes about 38000 pages as usual but then the sitemap creation process always stops around 82-86% completion. There is no error message or anything. It just goes into auto-restart after 120 seconds of inactivity and then counts up to the 80 something percent and then stops. There have been no changes to our site. Any idea what could have caused this?

Thanks!
Re: "Creating sitemaps..." process stops at 80+% completion
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 11:28:37 PM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »
Dear Admin,

On this matter, if my website only crawled around 5000 pages. What is the optimum setting under php.ini for

Memory limit = ?
Maximum Execution Time = ?

Thank you.
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 12:10:11 PM »
Hi Admin,

I have tried increasing the php.ini to 3000sec & 128m

I run the generator again and it stops at 18% while creating HTML sitemap. Is there anything wrong here? I never create sitemap.html in my root and is that the cause to the problem?

Please advise again. Thank you.