Generation gets stuck after 253 pages
« on: October 11, 2012, 02:01:06 PM »
Hi

We have XML Sitemaps installed on 2 Live websites and it runs fine. We have just launched a new website and are struggling to generate our first sitemap and hope someone can help :)

All three OSC websites run on the same dedicated server with different IP's. Sitemap XML has been configured exactly the same on each web site. Thinking it might be a licensing issue we purchased a copy of XML Sitemaps today and installed it. We have now generated the sitemap with the purchased s/w with the same config settings as previously with the free copy. For the third time today the generation has got stuck at exactly the same point - see below:

Links depth: 2
Current page: decorations-banners-signs-c-3_37.html?page=3
Pages added to sitemap: 253
Pages scanned: 1320 (149,639.9 Kb)
Pages left: 3721 (+ 2239 queued for the next depth level)
Time passed: 9:56
Time left: 28:02
Memory usage: -

The generation hangs for a few hours after getting stuck and then finally falls over with an internal server error - from memory the error was 404 errors>> page not found. A valid sitemap is produced up to page 253 - see [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ].

We have looked at decorations-banners-signs-c-3_37.html?page=3 and there do not seem to be any problems with it. Can anyone think of how to solve this? Would really appreciate the help.

Much thanks

Marc
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:37:13 PM by marc19 »
Re: Generation gets stuck after 253 pages
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 10:37:09 AM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 04:19:22 AM »
Hi

Thanks for your reply. I have asked our developers to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file). I then ran the generator again - got the exact same result - got stuck on page 253 again.

Do you have any other ideas as to what we could try to rectify this?

Much thanks, Marc
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 06:56:15 AM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 07:19:20 AM »
Hi Oleg

Thank you for responding to my post.

I am unable to send you a private message - e-mail form does not accept any 'To' address. Please will you reply to my post via e-mail and I can return your mail.

Can I just ask what url / login you are looking for? We have a test site which I could give you details for but we have not attempted to generate the sitemap here yet. This test site is a sub domain of the Live site.

Kind regards

Marc