site map does not show in a FTP
« on: November 03, 2012, 04:05:21 PM »
I am new and probably did something wrong but I would appreciate it if you would straighten me out.

1. I received an email saying that you uploaded my sitemap.xml and sitemap_images.xml files but they do not show when I look them up on an FTP and when I check it out on my SEO Quake tool bar it says that I have not filed a site map. Previously when I did my own site map it would show up.  I thought I understood that you uploaded my site maps without me doing anything.  Is that true?  If not what do I do?  This is a little scary.  Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

2. I have no way of knowing if this is related but  when I hover over the favicon in my Firefox browser window, which is not the one I actually use, it shows the following message: "This website does not supply identity information"

Please let me know what is happening ASAP since this could affect my SEO efforts.

Thanks,
Al Nelson
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Re: site map does not show in a FTP
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 03:53:39 PM »
Hello,

1. are you using Pro sitemap generator service? In this case sitemaps are *created* on our server, but not uploaded to your site. You can submit them to google directly from our subdomain. You can find details on "Submit sitemap" page in your account.

2. pro sitemaps service does not (and cannot) modify the content on your website.