Need an "Unlimited Sitemap Generator" for other sites
« on: December 06, 2012, 05:12:49 AM »
This week I have had two assignments. One was to get a page count for export.gov and the other dumante.com (both sites totally unrelated). I downloaded a few open source sitemap generators but could not get them to work on both sites.

On the .com site one of them kind of worked but it considered images as pages so that program too complicated, and it would not work with export.gov at all. It told me the site only had one page.

So, I was delighted when I found a forum that directed me to your page.  I thought your "free online site generator" was going to work brilliantly but export.gov turned out to have more than 500 pages and export.gov appears to have more than 500 pages.

That is why I decided it would be worth it to buy your "Unlimited Site Generator." I thought since your free program worked so well (up to 500 pages) it would be worth $20 to buy your unlimited program.

I was so disappointed. I could not even run it.  It is asking me to upload it to the site I want to run it on, but I do not have any personal access to those sites.  I spent $20 for nothing.

Nonetheless if you can just tell me where I can find a freeware program that will count all of a web site's pages for me I will be so happy and will not consider the $20 wasted at all. I am so hoping you can help.
Re: Need an "Unlimited Sitemap Generator" for other sites
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 12:59:06 PM »
Hello,

> and it would not work with export.gov at all. It told me the site only had one page.

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.

>  It is asking me to upload it to the site I want to run it on, but I do not have any personal access to those sites.

In this case you can use our Pro service which is running from our server and doesn't require to install any scripts: https://pro-sitemaps.com/