Installation Problem 2
« on: December 19, 2012, 03:40:45 AM »
Hi I have installed as per the instructions, set /generator folder to 666 and /data folder to 777, but I cannot change the configuration.

A configuration file is never created in the /data folder.

I have created a .htaccess file with "RewriteEngine off" - this has no effect.

I have tried setting /generator to 755 (as suggested elsewhere on the forum), but this also has no effect.

I have noticed that in the configuration my Sitemap URL is configured as follows:

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]/sitemap.xml

When attempting to crawl, I get the following error:

There was an error while retrieving the URL specified: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]/
Error message: Error opening socket to [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
HTTP Code:

HTTP headers:
x_csize: 0

HTTP output:

When I attempt to correct the URL - change the "\" to a "/", (as mentioned above) it cannot be changed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark
Re: Installation Problem 2
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 10:46:20 PM »
Hello,

make sure that generator/data/ folder is set to 777 permissions.

In case if site is hosted on windows platform, in order to complete installation you should also set file permissions accordingly (allow write access to sitemap.xml, ror.xml files and data/ folder). On windows servers this is done in hosting control panel or via remote desktop access (instead of FTP).
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 11:05:54 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the quick follow-up.

I can confirm that the /generator folder has 755 set and the /generator/data folder has 777.

Still no good at this stage - any other thoughts ?

Mark
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 09:04:38 PM »
I know that this is a less than ideal time of year for support, but do you guys have any idea how I can diagnose / correct this ?