Cannot re-generate a new sitemap
« on: January 02, 2013, 06:49:49 PM »
I am a newbee, so excuse me if I am asking a question whose answer appears here or in the documentation, but after spending an hour searching each, I cannot find the answer.

I purchased and installed unlimited sitemap generator on December 31.  It ran fine.  Today, January 2, I tweaked the URLs to include and exclude. I tried running the sitemap generator again, and while it ran, it will not produce a new sitemap showing the new URLs that I wanted to have included. 

I tried deleting the old sitemap and installing the set-up XML blank file, then running it again.  That didn't work, either.  Same "old" sitemap still shows.

What can I do to generate manually a new, replacement, updated sitemap?  This shouldn't be so hard, but I cannot find the answer through documentation or this forum.  Thank you in advance for a gentle, explanatory reply, forgiving my newness as a non-techie.
Re: Cannot re-generate a new sitemap
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 11:37:09 AM »
Hello,

try to remove generator folder completely, and sitemap.xml file from domain root. Then reinstall generator again.
Re: Cannot re-generate a new sitemap
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 02:53:03 PM »
Thank you for your reply. I uninstalled then reinstalled the software, ran it again, and it worked. I was hoping for a simpler solution to re-run a sitemap, but I guess that feature is not available yet in this software. Perhaps, as a suggestion, a "re-crawl/re-create sitemap" feature can be added in the future.

Thanks also for the link to your SEO services. My host offers the same services and the cost is covered in my hosting plan. No need to pay for duplicate services.