Individual Priority Level not working
« on: February 08, 2013, 09:20:19 PM »
Hi,
Great product!  I have read a lot of post to try and figure out what am I doing wrong.  I have a new and small site.  So it possible and important to prioritize all pages.

index url ,,daily,1.0
path string.html,,daily,0.99
path string.html,,weekly,0.98
path string.html,,monthly,0.95
several lower pages,,monthly,0.5

Change frequency: Daily
Last modification: Use Server's response
Priority: 1.0
Automatically: tried both checked and unchecked.

I select save and crawl

I paid to have the program installed, so I know it's done right (by the way excellent install instructions, probably even I could have followed these).

This seem pretty straight forward, but I can't figure out where I am screwing up. 

If I do all the above correctly would I be able to see the change in site map html view, and or wouldn't it at least show the change in xml sitemap file?

Am I missing something here.  I am new but I have gone the extra mile to figure where am I screwing up.  :-\

Thanks

Re: Individual Priority Level not working
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 10:48:11 AM »
Hello,

this is only applied to xml sitemap, you would need to regenerate sitemap and check it on "View sitemap" page.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 12:50:56 PM »
Ok on html part, But more importantly I cannot get the xml to update my individual priority that is what I really care about.  Any ideas why it is not updating?

Thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 03:31:35 PM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login and example URL(s) that doesn't get correct priority in private message to check this.