Sitemap Entry Attributes- Priority
« on: February 06, 2013, 03:30:47 AM »
Hi,
I am new and paid to have standalone installed.  I know very little, except this is way cool and has already been a time saver.

Sitemap entry attributes- Priority is set to automatic.  When I Google my site, lower level pages are listed higher then more important pages.  I want to prioritize these page levels, can attributes priority be use to do this, so more important pages are towards the top?

Example, One of my pages is an affiliates store, where books and other items, which are listed in ads throughout my website are sorted and categorized in the store.  To me this is a lower level page but Google lists it just under my index page.  Several pages down is a legislative score page, which has important information and should list below the index page. 

Individual Attributes: is this what I would do?

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ], update (monthly?) 1.0
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] score.html, update (daily) .9
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ], update (montly?) .5

If this is not it, can you please explain?

P.S when I view my HTML Site Map the page order is better, but still is not listed how I want it.   

Thanks
Rick

Edited- Attributes>Priority
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 04:26:07 PM »
Hi,
My original post appeared as if I proved an external link, which I never so edited what appeared to be an the external link.

Sitemap entry attributes- Priority is set to automatic.  When I Google my site, lower level pages are listed higher then more important pages.  I want to prioritize these page levels, can attributes priority be use to do this, so more important pages are towards the top?

Example, One of my pages is an affiliates store, where books and other items, which are listed in ads throughout my website are sorted and categorized in the store.  To me this is a lower level page but Google lists it just under my index page.  Several pages down is a legislative score page, which has important information and should list below the index page.

Individual Attributes: is this what I would do?

mysite name, index, update (monthly?) 1.0
mysite name, legislative score. html, update (daily) .9
mysite name, store. html, update (montly?) .5

If this is not how attributes- priority works, can you please explain?

P.S when I view my HTML Site Map the page order is better, but still is not listed how I want it.   

Thanks
Rick
Re: Edited- Attributes>Priority
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 05:46:53 PM »
Hi,
Oops- I did a search and I think I found answers to most of my question.  I am going to work on it using those answers and post any question that might come up.  For now I think I have enough information to get started.