Sitemap Generator Crawl Freezes after a few seconds
« on: March 13, 2013, 02:38:15 AM »
Hi,

I would have posted in the existing thread (https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/forum/index.php/topic,7637.html) But for some reason that thread is locked.

I'm experiencing the issue where the Crawling script runs only for about 30 seconds and then freezes.  When re-running the script and continuing the previously interrupted session, it seems to always start at the same point, and then run for 30 seconds or so and freeze.

Starting the crawl from scratch and it will freeze after about an hour, and from that point I cannot get the script to continue without freezing every 30 seconds, and winding back to where it started before freezing.

I've set my max_execution_time to 900 and my memory_limit to 512M.  I'm running on my own dedicated sever, not hosted.

I only just purchased a few hours ago, and it's a bit frustrating that in the last several hours I can't get past this problem and get the sitemap generated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
Re: Sitemap Generator Crawl Freezes after a few seconds
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 07:49:15 AM »
Hi,

I tried to work around this by running a shell script to run the crawl php (essentially the cron as provided in the documention, I just altered it to be run in screen so I can check up on it every now and then).  It's had been running for about 2.5 hours, indexed around 70,000 pages - which is an improvement, but it has just terminated without completing.

I'll PM you the details now.

Mike