Blank page when starting generator
« on: March 15, 2013, 09:37:03 AM »
Hello,

I went to start my standalone generator program at [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] and I now just get a blank page. Nothing was changed with the program when it stopped working. I verified and the index.php file is present. Any ideas what might be the problem?

My second question is: before the problem started with not being able to access the control panel of SG, when I would run the program it would stop after scanning a good part of my sitemap. I thought it was a problem with memory limits or something so I contacted my service provider for some help. This is what their response was:

"You need to contact developers of the sitemap generator. Source of the package is protected and there is no way for us to check the problem. Error message that you are receiving is:

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 262144 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 49152 bytes) in /home/kenem/public_html/generator/pages/page-configinit.inc.php on line 109

Although PHP installation has a memory limit of 128MB, but this script changes the limit to 256KB! "

SG had been creating a full sitemap of my website but, that too suddenly changed and I was then only getting a partial before it would stop generating. Could you please help me out with these two problems?
KENJI
Re: Blank page when starting generator
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 08:04:25 AM »
Hello,

looks like settings are incorrect, please try to remove generator/data/generator.conf file to reset configuration.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 11:26:40 AM »
That seems to have corrected the problem accessing the program.

I now have a different problem. "Create RSS Feed" is now blanked out and indicates that I need to order it. I already paid for it so I was wondering if I could just run the generator_rss installation again or if this is something that you can take care of.

I once had the same problem with my video sitemaps not showing up, although I had paid for it, and you took care of the problem for me. Can you tell me which would be the easier of the two solutions in order to re-activate the RSS sitemap feature? Thanks Oleg.

KENJI
KENJI
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 08:41:34 AM »
Hello,

I sent to you two PMs to the download link that I was originally sent for the RSS feed but, I haven't had any reply from you about my RSS feed not showing up. Will re-installing the the rss program help the situation?

Kenji
KENJI
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 06:13:12 PM »
Hello Oleg,

I didn't hear back from you after the PMs that I sent you so, I re-installed the generator_rss installation that I bought from XML-Sitemaps and now I'm getting an error page when I try to connect to the program. The error page is:

"Oups! Vous n'avez pas le droit d'afficher le contenu du fichier

> Erreur 403 /generator/
Votre IP est noté : 90.61.16.129"

Any help here Oleg? Thanks and have a good day.

Kenji
KENJI
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 07:22:32 AM »
Hello Oleg,

I do have 755 permissions set for generator. Is this an error message that would come from Generator? It's an error message that is not like a normal 404 error message or another error message. It appears as if the error message is coming from Generator 'cause the error message looks like it's formatted in the style of a Notepad written message.

Also, when we can figure out what the problem is and I can access the program again, could we address the problem that originally caused this mess which was my RSS feed module that I purchased not showing up.?  ;) (See further down in this Topic string).  Thanks Oleg

Kenji
KENJI
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 07:46:25 AM »
Hello again Oled,

I answered your previous message about my 755 permissions for Generator, which it is set, but my question here is if I give you FTP access to my site, like I did once before, would that help to resolve the problem? Or it possible for me to delete all the files on my server and re-install Generator? If that is the case, I would need my original download link for Generator. Thanks!

Kenji
KENJI
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 02:54:32 PM »
Hello,

it makes sense to try reinstalling generator first.
You can find find your download link here on the forum - in the red box at the top, saying "Hello, you are a registered customer.... etc".
Access denied to program
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 10:14:43 AM »
Hello Oleg,

I completely re-installed the program and I kept getting the error message:

"Oups! Vous n'avez pas le droit d'afficher le contenu du fichier
> Erreur 403 /generator/
Votre IP est noté : 90.61.16.129"

Basically saying that I didn't have access to the file and that my I.P. address was noted. So, I wrote to my service provider to ask about the problem and here is what they replied:

"There is a .htaccess file in that folder that allows access to txt, html, gz, jpg, png and gif files. That's why you get the access denied to index.php"

I'm not sure what that means 'cause I don't know a lot about how .htaccess files are written. I did notice that the original generator.zip file when I purchased the standalone didn't contain a .htaccess file.

I deleted the .htaccess file as this was the only way to access the program for now but, do I need this .htaccess file that is included with the program, and if so, why would it not allow me to access the program in the way that the file was written?

Thanks Oleg

Kenji
KENJI