Internal server error
« on: May 22, 2013, 10:31:53 PM »
Just installed the script. If I limit it to a directory with a few html files and a couple of subdirectories, it produces a great sitemap.xml file. There is a blank ror.xml file with the same permissions as the sitemap file (and the ror.xml create checkbox is checked), but no ror.xml file is created.
If I remove the limit and let the script cruize my site, it will get to the ecommerce section and seems to slow way down and eventually produces the following message:

"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

Each time I "restart from where it left off", it does index a few more pages.

Ideas.
Re: Internal server error
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 12:47:14 AM »
Update:
If I keep restarting the script (and choosing to resume where it left off) eventually it does complete. However, when I check the entries against the robots.txt file, there are entries in the sitemap.xml file that are blocked by the robots.txt file (even though I've checked the option to use the robots.txt file). Still no ror.xml file produced.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 04:14:30 PM »
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

These are the three examples Google gave for the 207 warnings of URL's in the sitemap that are blocked by robots.txt
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 08:42:22 PM »
Same issues as above remain:
1. Due to errors need to "continue" the process about six times to reach completion.
2. No ror.xml file is being generated.
3. Robots.txt is not being honored (with the exclusion I was asked to input in the sitemap setup, we dropped from 207 blocked URLs that were being included to 203).
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 03:17:40 AM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 08:47:56 PM »
I'm running under PHP version 5.2.17 and it's running as a FastCGI application.

I checked the providers settings: max_execution_time is set at 600 seconds (the script only runs for 30 seconds to 1 minute before erroring, so I'm doubting that's the issue) and memory_limit is set for 512M (would the script really take more than .5 Gig to run?)

Since you're recommending an increase, what should they be increased to? This would be the first PHP based item on this site that's giving error problems.