Sitemap Generator
« on: July 17, 2013, 09:17:57 AM »
OK so I have had the unlimited version installed on my site ( [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] ) and so far have been unsuccesful in creating a sitemap. My hosts 123-reg don't allow me to run a php for long and say they cant change it. So I am having to log on to the generator every 10 mins or so and click the "Run In Background" and "Resume Last Session" boxes in crawling tab. Now what I am asking is, I use [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] for other cron jobs that I run, would there be an option to run the generator with these options automatically ticked? My site apparently has around 10000 pages and I am pulling my hair out trying to get it sorted.
Re: Sitemap Generator
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 08:28:44 AM »
Thanks this seems to be working now, why don't you add these instructions to the paperwork that comes with the download to save people like me and I am sure many others having to constantly wait for replies on forums.
Re: Sitemap Generator
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 06:27:24 AM »
I'm glad that worked.
In most cases it's supposed to be running using server cron (and command line is displayed on Crawling page) and not via web cron.