Cannot login or save new login info all of a sudden
« on: June 27, 2013, 03:59:54 PM »
I have had this script for years on multiple sites with no problems. All of a sudden I cannot login to any of them.  I use the same username/pass on all so it is not a wrong password.

I also did a clean install on one site only to find that I cannot set login/password information.  I checked the generator.conf and it creates "xs_password", but does not create the "xs_login" and many others...  When I visit the install location is is wide-open and accessible to anyone.

I have changed nothing on my sites or server other than perhaps on automatic update through whm/cpanel.

Any ideas?  At the moment I have uninstalled on the site I did a clean install as I do not want open access.  The other sites are still password protected, but unable to login.  Please help.
Re: Cannot login or save new login info all of a sudden
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 02:20:07 PM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL in private message to check this.

> The other sites are still password protected, but unable to login. 

You can reset password as described on: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/forum/index.php/topic,3637.html#msg13280
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 10:00:11 AM »
Oleg,

Any update on this?  Resetting the password does nothing for me on any of them - it just ends up making them open to anyone who knows the url and then I have to delete the script (there is no way I am keeping them open/without pw protection).  I believe this has to be something that changed on my server from an auto update, but no clue what.  I sent a PM to an example url... if you have time to help I would really appreciate it.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 10:40:38 AM »
Found the problem - it was from an update as expected... sorry for the trouble and confusion.