Google Tools Error: Your Sitemap appears to be an HTML page
« on: September 07, 2013, 07:52:00 AM »
Sitemap in question is [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ].
The site is a redirected domain and actual url is [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ].
Generator is running fine and creates sitemaps without error.
Generator url is [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] ([ External links are visible to forum administrators only ])
Version is updated to latest. This previous worked when rkrinvestigations.com was an html site but it has been converted to Wordpress site.
Thanks for any help.
Re: Google Tools Error: Your Sitemap appears to be an HTML page
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 10:20:16 AM »
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] is already filled out on the google tools sitemap page and there is no way to change it.
BTW, Bing seems to have no problem with the sitemap.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 02:08:26 PM »
Hello,

make sure that you have both domains (checkyourmate and rkrinvestigations) added and verified in your google webmaster account.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 07:19:52 PM »
They are.
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 10:10:29 PM »
I submitted the map under my rkrinvestigations google account and it found no problems. I checked the source code of [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] and found"<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
   "[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]">" as the head. I guess its the forwarding adding that head. Don't know if anything can be done about that.