I had an error on my site and the web.config got corrupted. I have rebuilt it but am now getting the error listed below. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,
Scott

------

There was an error while retrieving the URL specified: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
HTTP Code:
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
HTTP headers:
cache-control: private
content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8
server: Microsoft-IIS/7.0
x-powered-by: ASP.NET
date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 01:20:11 GMT
connection: close
content-length: 5430
x_csize: 5430
Re: Unlimited sitemap generator not working after website reconfiguration
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 10:22:51 PM »
Probably there is a configuration problem - it looks like your server doesn't allow local network connections via port 80 (http) - as a result sitemap generator is not able to crawl the site. This is usually related to firewall installed at the host - could you please contact your hosting support regarding this?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 03:22:04 AM »
Hi Oleg,

Thanks for the quick response, it is greatly appreciated. The hosting company got the IIS working properly again, but I now have the exact opposite problem. But first, let me give you some details. The website that the generator is installed on was converted from asp.net 2 to 4 and a newer version of the blog software ( blogengine.net 2.8 ) was installed. Someone had hacked the old contact page inside of the blog and sent out a bunch of spam before my hosting company shut down the e-mail address associated with it.

Through all of this, the generator didn't get touched. I figured it would start up and run with no reconfiguration needed. But the new blog is giving it a problem. I originally had the max depth level at 0 and it worked great. This is not the case with the new blog. The generator now creates hundreds of levels before it crashes. I have played around with the max depth level and have found 5 - 7 range works pretty well. Is there advise you can give me on how to get the best performance with the generator with this new blog?

Thank you again for all of the assistance,
Scott
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 09:24:23 PM »
Hello,

perhaps there is an endless loop of links that causing it work like that.
You can limit depth level to say 100, which is pretty high and would resolve the issue.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 02:31:05 PM »
Hi Oleg,

The previous blog engine would only go 3 levels deep before completing. I've got it set to 4 levels deep and it is still adding more non-existing pages to the sitemap. Any ideas?

Scott
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 02:25:06 PM »
Most likely an endless loop somewhere, you can check the created sitemap for the links that look weird, like:
domain.com/page/page/page