No Redirect After Run
« on: January 15, 2014, 02:52:46 AM »
I had upgraded from 6.0 to 6.1 and noticed that even with the checkbox clicked for "Do not interrupt the script even after closing the browser window until the crawling is complete" I noticed that the page doesn't redirect to the completed page when leaving the browser open.

I checked the crawled page count and it's agreeing with what it was previously so I believe it's working correctly. I even did a clean install of 6.1 and then a complete clean re-install of 6.0, both with the same results. I even tried different web browsers with the same result.

I'm only a little concerned since it looks like the script is indeed working as it should but I didn't know if this is something I'm missing or perhaps something configured improperly.
Re: No Redirect After Run
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 12:17:56 PM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 11:34:41 PM »
@support: Do you have any suggested values? I increased the time to 60 seconds and the memory from 128 to 256 and my server support people checked my edits and rebooted the server for me.

The same number of pages get indexed by the generator and the displayed page in the browser never forwards to the page usually shown when completed, but I noticed that I saw the page refresh for awhile while the script was running (before nothing else happened with it). I check its completion by examining the timestamp of the generated files in the data folder via FTP.

I tired it on several different browsers with the same results. I haven't tried downgrading back to 6.0 but that may be my next try depending on what you think.

Edit to add: I'm only generating a .gz version of the sitemap, no others. I don't know if this factors in or not.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:34:31 AM by BillyD203 »
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 07:24:24 AM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL/login in private message to check this.
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 11:41:43 PM »
PM sent. Also my site has some limited geo-blocking so let me know if you bump into it.